Disclaimer: While I offer tips for maintaining wellness while dealing with a chronic illness, I’m not a licensed medical physician, psychotherapist, or psychologist, and I’m not offering medical or psychiatric advice.
For my full disclaimer policy, go here.
Can you believe we’re nearly through with August already? Here in the US, kids are headed back to school, and we grownups are headed to snag the remnants of all the back-to-school supplies (or is that just me? 🤔).
With stocking up with supplies and resources on my mind, I wanted to do a round-up style blog post this week, to share the top 10 blog posts I’ve loved lately.
When I created The Thriving Spoonie, I had it in my mind and heart to create a community. And not just a community of spoonie readers, but I also wanted to create a community between myself and other chronic illness bloggers.
So for today’s post, instead of sharing my own words, I’ve gathered the top 10 chronic illness blog posts I’ve loved lately right here – just for you!
Posts about energy management (a.k.a. saving your spoons)
Learning to pace yourself, manage your energy, and live well with the bodies we have is so important to our ability to thrive through our chronic illness and pain.
In these posts, the authors offer insights and tips to help us learn different ways of navigating life while chronically ill.
- You Can’t Push Your Way to Recovery by Ali of Living an Everyday Kind of Life
- Why Do I Spend My Precious Energy Blogging About Chronic Illness by Melissa of Melissa vs Fibromyalgia
- Navigating Life with Chronic Illness by Lucy of LB Health & Lifestyle
Posts about personal growth & self-care
As I’m sure you’ve realized if you’ve spent any amount of time visiting The Thriving Spoonie, I truly believe that by nurturing our own personal growth and practicing effective self-care, we’re empowering ourselves to live well – despite our diagnosis.
These posts cover a variety of topics on personal growth and self-care, to give you powerful tools and techniques to turn to when you’re needing a boost for your body, mind, and spirit.
- How to Practise Mindfulness in Everyday Life by Liz of Despite Pain
- Daily Affirmations for Chronic Illness Warriors Week 1 by Tashie Marie of Pain Warrior Code
- Loss of Identity with Chronic Illness & The Plot Twist: Sharpened Self-Worth by Sheryl of A Chronic Voice
- 15 of the Best Shark Tank Products for Spoonies by Laura Jean of RA Life Hacks
Posts about advocacy & allyship
Advocating for ourselves and others, as well as being good allies to those with chronic conditions similar and different to our own, is essential to building a strong community.
These posts will teach you – and those in your life – how to advocate and be supportive allies. These posts are perfect for your own self-reference, as well as for sharing with those who want to know how to best support you in living with chronic illness.
- Calling Dr. Google is Not a Good Idea by Christie of Journey to Joyous
- What’s Chronic Pain? What You Should Know if You Love Someone With It by Kate of Kate the Almost Great
- Advocating Medical Appointments by Jenny of Life’s a Polyp
Want more community & tips for living well with chronic illness?
There are TONS of other spoonies hanging out on Instagram, sharing helpful content – as well as some fun stuff that’s specific to spoonie humor! You can find me on Instagram here, where I share the best tidbits of my blog content as well as other fun stuff.
I also have a weekly newsletter where I share insights from my own journey with chronic illness, and my best tips, tricks, and resources. Just click the button below to sign up!
Until next time,